Upper School student musicians from Germantown Academy successfully auditioned for the Pennsylvania Music Educators Association District 11 Orchestra and Band. The audition process is extremely competitive, and it is a really honor for students to win seats in these ensembles.
This year, a total of seven Honors musicians have qualified for District 11 Band, while three also qualified for Orchestra!
- Alex Badami '22 -- Mallet Percussion -- District Band & District Orchestra
- Jordan Boymel '23 -- Oboe -- District Band & District Orchestra
- Alex Cai '22 -- Mallet Percussion -- District Band & Orchestra
- Carolyn Connolly '23 -- Clarinet -- District Band
- Ansh Kakadia '24 -- Mallet Percussion -- District Band
- Andrei Vava '24 -- Tenor Saxophone -- District Band
- Sam Wang '23 -- Clarinet -- District Band
Two Members of the Honors String Ensemble also made the District 11 Orchestra.
- Yash Chadda '23 -- Violin
- Sarah Beth Sandifer '23 -- Double Bass
Festivals for these ensembles are one-day events. District 11 Orchestra will take place on Jan. 14 at Upper Perkiomen High School and District 11 Band will take place on Jan. 28 at Pennsbury High School.