Recently, seven Upper School student musicians auditioned successfully for the Pennsylvania Music Educators Association District 11 Orchestra and Band, which represents all public and private schools in Montgomery and Bucks Counties. The audition process is extremely competitive, and it is a real honor for students to win seats in these ensembles. Under normal circumstances each of these students would perform at music festivals packed with rehearsals with some of the finest collegiate conductors in the country.
This year, six Honors musicians have qualified for District 11 Band and three also qualified for Orchestra!
- Alex Badami '22 - Percussion - District Band & District Orchestra
- Alex Cai '22 - Percussion - District Band & District Orchestra
- Carolyn Connolly '23 - Clarinet- District Band
- Kevin Cui '21- Alto Saxophone - District Band
- Sarah Beth Sandifer '23 - Double Bass - District Orchestra
- Sam Wang '23 - Clarinet - District Band
- Justin Weiss '21- Percussion - District Band
Due to COVID-19, the usual festivals will not take place, but the students were eligible to audition for the Pennsylvania Virtual All-State Ensembles which will be directed by Byron Stripling (principal Pops Conductor of the Pittsburgh Symphony) and Lt. Colonel Daniel Toven (Deputy Commander of the United States Army Band "Pershing's Own"). A huge shout out to Alex Badami '22, who advanced to this level and represented GA in the percussion section in the PMEA All-State Concert Band on April 15-17.