Through the generosity of Germantown Academy families, alumni, and former faculty, six academic chairs are endowed, carrying with them great honor, a three-year tenure, and a yearly stipend, as well as funds to be shared for professional development for the applicable department.
This year, the school conferred five chairs—the Goldstein Chair (Science), the Biggs Chair (History), the Barness Chair (Visual and Performing Arts), the Cressman Chair (Language), and the the Schoff Chair (English)—to new recipients during the end-of-year faculty/staff breakfast, which was held on Connor Quad on June 10, 2021. Currently, the Black Family Chair (Math) is filled.
The five new endowed chairs are listed below.
- The Diane Goldstein 1760 Chair for Excellence in the Teaching of Science - Becky Pizzino 1760 (READ MORE)
- Peter Biggs Chair for Excellence in the Teaching of History - Jim Eichsteadt (READ MORE)
- The Herbert and Irma Barness Endowed Chair in the Fine and Performing Arts - Alia Tahvildaran (READ MORE)
- The Cressman Chair for Excellence in the Teaching of Classical and Modern Language - Jarret Anderson (READ MORE)
- William L. Schoff Memorial Alumni Chair for Distinguished Teaching in English - Rachel Lintgen '90 (READ MORE)