Annually, Germantown Academy honors members of the faculty, administration, or staff with awards for excellence in program development, teaching, service, or other exceptional achievement. This year’s Distinguished Achievement Award winners are:
- Maggie Kelly – Lower School Music Specialist
- Graham Martin and Kurt Wetzel '88 – 5th Grade Teachers
- Cory Eklund – Middle School Science Teacher and Department Head
- Carlos Chubb – Upper School Spanish Teacher
- Mike Rheam – Upper School Science Teacher
- Rachel Lintgen '90 – Upper School English Teacher/Head of Truesdell House
- Stephanie Jennings – Accounts Payable Coordinator
- Sherri Retif – Middle School Physical Education Department Head/Varsity Girls Basketball Coach/Upper School Assistant Volleyball Coach and Middle School Softball Coach.
Coach Retif received the Distinguished Achievement Award for Extracurricular Excellence, which is an annual award that honors members of the faculty, administration, or staff with an award for extracurricular excellence.
This year’s faculty awards were presented at the end-of-year faculty breakfast on June 13, 2019.