A number of Germantown Academy Lower School students participated and won prizes in the 2017 Nancy Corson Writing Contest, which is sponsored by the Friends of the William Jeanes Memorial Library in Lafayette Hill.
"Many Lower School students participated in the both the William Jeanes Memorial Library writing contest and the Daughters of the American Revolution Essay Contest," said Head of Lower School Sue Szczepkowski. "We honored all of our participants and winners at our recent Lower School assembly, complimenting their efforts and confidence in expression.
Jeff N. '24 won the Daughters of the American Revolution essay contest. The following students won a prize in the 2017 Nancy Corson Writing Contest:
- Big Cat Elementary School by Janie C. '28 - Honorable Mention Illustrations
- Big Cat Elementary School by Janie C. '28 - Honorable Mention Story
- Raging Rapids by Rebecca R. '26 - Honorable Mention Illustrations
- The World Beyond Space by Emmeline C. '26 - Honorable Mention Story
- Sara Windfield and the Silver Spoon by Anastasia P. '26 - 1st Place Story
- Charlie in Hawaii by Samuel M. '26 - 2nd Place Story
- The Magic Glasses by Sanya B. '25 - 2nd Place Illustrations
- Beating the Odds by Aidan G. '25 - 1st Place Story
- The Vacation by Grace B. '25 - 2nd Place Story
- The Girl in the Dirty Clothes by Eve K. '24 - Honorable Mention Illustrations
- Wings by Abby D. '24 - Honorable Mention Illustrations
- Love Who You Are, Love What You Do, and Love What You Are by Amanda K. '24 -Honorable Mention Story
- The Grand Ball by Chance D. '24 - 2nd Place Illustrations
- Jack by Emma G. '24 - 2nd Place Story
Great job, Lower Schoolers!