Germantown Academy inducted 16 members of the Class of 2021 into the Academy Club during a special ceremony on Tuesday, June 8, 2021 in the Honickman Auditorium. During the program, inductees were honored for their service to GA. (SEE PHOTOS)
Founded by the members of the Class of 1924, the Academy Club is an organization whose members are chosen by their peers in recognition of their dedication, involvement, and school spirit as well as their commitment to keep their class connected to GA as alumni.
The purpose of the club is to create, in the words of the founders, a "closer relationship between the Alumni body of Germantown Academy and the school itself." This spirit of dedication and involvement is commemorated each year when GA and the senior class honor certain class members for contributing to the life of the school.
Each inductee was honored in a speech given by a faculty member.
- Priyanka Anand '21 (Yvette Marquez-Pribitkin, Upper School Spanish Teacher/Upper School Community Service Organization Advisor)
- Ella Brant '21 (Susan Merrill, Associate Director of College Counseling/Head of Osbourn House)
- Jake Brownstein '21 (Matt Dolan, Assistant Director of Athletics/Varsity Boys Basketball Coach)
- Matt Cho '21 (Matt Rominger, Assistant Director of Admission)
- Brandon Giampalmi '21 (Tim Ginter, Director of Athletics/Varsity Baseball Coach)
- Harry Hou '21 (Rachel Lintgen, Upper School English Teacher/Head of Truesdell House)
- Talie Jordan '21 (Sara Krupnick-Ritz, Upper School Art Teacher)
- Collin McDonald '21 (Chris Nelson, Upper School Math Teacher)
- Dean Millard '21 (Dan St. Jean, Upper School English Teacher)
- Jessica Moore '21 (Sherri Retif, Middle School P.E. Teacher/Varsity Girls Basketball Coach)
- Mae Nagel '21 (Cecilia Kim, Upper School Biology Teacher)
- Sarah Rojas '21 (Carol Ayers 1760, Upper School Spanish Teacher/Co-Chair - Upper School Modern Language Department)
- Jenisha Savani '21 (Sue Negro 1760, Upper School Math Teacher)
- Natalie Schildt '21 (Chris Chung, Upper School Math Teacher)
- Sophie Towne '21 (Matt Dence, P.E. Teacher/Head of Kershaw House/Varsity Football Coach)
- Justin Weiss '21 (Vic Montemayor, Upper School Physics Teacher)
Sasha Capers '20, Lily Ernst '20, and Will Martin '20 were also on hand to represent the Class of 2020 and officially hang their plaque on the Academy Club wall. (SEE PHOTOS)