Preserve Day: A Celebration of GA's Outdoor Spaces
Saturday, October 20, 2018, 11am – 1pm
Presented by the Nature Program and Parents' Preserve Day Committee
Free and Open to the Public
- Woods to Water Art Exhibit
- Campfire with s'mores in the Binswanger Outdoor Classroom
- Face Painting with Student Artists
- Guided Bird Watching along the Wissahickon Creek
- Beeswax Candle Making on the Green Roof Apiary
- Chips and home-grown Salsa in the Academic Courtyard
- Free Play in the Lower School Nature Nook
- Zip Line Rides across the Creek (SignUp required)
Preserve Day is a shine only event.
Wear comfortable shoes, as there will be a good amount of walking around our beautiful campus.
Park in the school's Main Lot or at Carey Stadium and find our Welcome Center at the Class of 1888 Bridge (Number 13 on the Campus Map).
Reserve your time for the Zip Line using our SignUpGenius form.
Volunteers from the Parents' Preserve Day Committee, Faculty from the Nature Program, and Student Green Ambassadors will be on hand to guide participants around campus.
Preserve Day Map
Take a peek at the layout of activities and art installations (click to enlarge). Printed copies will be available on the day of the event.