Preserve Day: A Celebration of GA's Outdoor Spaces
Saturday, October 12, 2019, 11am – 1pm
Presented by the Nature Program and Parents' Preserve Day Committee
Free and Open to the Public
- Campfire with s'mores in the Binswanger Outdoor Classroom
- Face Painting with Student Artists
- Guided Bird Watching along the Wissahickon Creek
- Beeswax Candle Making on the Green Roof Apiary
- Chips and home-grown Salsa in the Academic Courtyard
- Free Play in the Lower School Nature Nook
- Rain barrel painting with Art Across the Academy
- Zip Line Rides across the Creek. Zip Line sign-ups are now closed. There are several time slots available between 1 and 2pm. Stop by the course to sign up.
Preserve Day is a shine only event.
Wear comfortable shoes, as there will be a good amount of walking around our beautiful campus.
Park in the school's Main Lot or at Carey Stadium and find our Welcome Center at the Class of 1888 Bridge (Number 13 on the Campus Map).
Volunteers from the Parents' Preserve Day Committee, Faculty from the Nature Program, and Student Green Ambassadors will be on hand to guide participants around campus.
Preserve Day Map
Take a peek at the layout of activities (click to enlarge). Printed copies will be available on the day of the event.