Although the winter sports are finished, it is time to recognize the student-athletes who performed at a high level during the season.
By persevering we shall see the fruits.
The Cheerleading Team is a club sport team at Germantown Academy. The Cheerleading squad is a group of athletes who come together to support the school, pump up the fans, and entertain the crowd. They do this through cheering, stunting and dance. The team is the core support system for GA Football in the fall.
- To reach out to more teams by cheering at more events, including: swimming, wrestling and girls' basketball.
- Appealing to a wider group by adding more entertaining elements such as dance, step and more stunting.
- Increase skill level by incorporating more complex stunting and dance routines.
- Monday, Wednesday - 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. - Small Gym
- Tuesday, Thursday - 4:30 to 6:00 p.m. - Small Gym
- Fall: Football Games (Home and Away)
The Germantown Academy boys tennis team saw their first action of the 2018 season on March 13. As a team, the Patriots dropped only one set to their opponent and cruised to a 7-0 victory.
While the other winter sports wrapped up in February, the indoor track and field team still had athletes competing. On March 10, two Germantown Academy athletes made the most of their trip to the New Balance Nationals in New York, earning top finishes in their events.
Germantown Academy's girls lacrosse team showed improvement last season by earning the fifth seed in the Pennsylvania Independent Schools Athletic Association Tournament after receiving the eighth seed in 2016. Behind first-year Head Coach Mary Dean, the Patriots will be looking to continue that growth into 2018.
Germantown Academy is coming off of a season that saw them go 1-9 in Inter-Ac League play. Now in the third season under Head Coach Tim Ginter, the Patriots will be relying on their youth to win games.