FORT WASHINGTON -- Germantown Academy's swimmers and divers competed in their final home dual meet of the season on Jan. 24. While the boys and girls took on different opponents -- one taking on Malvern Prep and the other going against Academy of Notre Dame -- the final outcome was the same. The Patriots took first in 21 of 24 events and stayed perfect on the season. Germantown Academy has swam a total of 132 events so far -- including exhibition races -- and has touched first 122 times.
Girls Swimming & Diving: W 115-71
- Emily Hamill '25, Eliza Meth '23, Taylor Grimley '24, and Karly Boles '25 started the meet with a bang and swam 1:44.98.
- Hamill and Sarah Freeman '25 claimed the top two spots in the Girls 200 Freestyle, going 1:49.49 and 1:55.36, respectively.
- Libby Brewer '25, Laurel DePolo '25, and Maddie Evers '26 swept the top three spots in the Girls 1m Dive.
- Freeman and Camryn Jones '26 went 1-2 in the Girls 500 Freestyle, swimming 5:01.70 and 5:07.01.
- Freeman, Boles, Isa Lieu '25 and Hamill touched first in the 400 Freestyle Relay in 3:32.38, almost 10 seconds faster than the second-place group from Notre Dame.
Boys Swimming & Diving: W 111-74
- JJ Freeman '23 took first in the Boys 200 Freestyle, swimming 1:40.98 and finishing 10 seconds before the next swimmer. Landon D'Ariano '24 also topped his competition by 10 seconds, going 1:49.51 in the Boys 200 IM.
- Brendan Hodgens '24, Gavin Zivitz '25, and Asher Sasson '23 went 1-2-3 in the Boys 1m Dive.
- Andy Zhou '24 and Brandon Fleck '25 finished 1-2 in the Boys 100 Butterfly, going 51.52 and 51.71, respectively.
- Freeman, Jack Grimley '26, Stephen Calabro '23, and D'Ariano touched first in the Boys 400 Freestyle Relay, finishing with a time of 3:19.67.