FORT WASHINGTON -- Finding success on the field and in the classroom is not quite out of the ordinary for Germantown Academy student-athletes. However, that focus does not end once they leave the Fort Washington campus. Many former Patriots recently garnered accolades for the work that they put in during the spring season.
- Ben Werkheiser '17 (Shippensburg University) was named to the All-Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference Eastern Division Second Team, as voted on by the league's head coaches.
- Dante Messina '20 (Rhodes College) was named to the NCAA DIII Region 6 All-Region Second Team by American Baseball Coaches Association and All Region 6 Third-Team by D3baseball.com, after being nominated by head coaches and sports information directors. Messina also earned Second Team All-Southern Athletic Association honors.
- Derek Walkush '19 (Georgetown University) was a member of the Second Varsity Lightweight 8+ that finished seventh at the 2022 IRA National Championships.
- Elizabeth Berlinger '19 (Bucknell University) received the College Rowing Coaches Association Scholar Athlete Award and Second Team All-Patriot League honors.
Lacrosse - Boys
- Michael Roman '18 (Westminster College) was named to the 2022 Division III Men's Lacrosse All-Eastern College Athletic Conference Team. Roman was also a member for the All-Presidents' Athletic Conference First Team.
- Jack McHugh '19 (Amherst College) earned New England Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association Honor Mention Honors. McHugh also earned New England Small College Athletic Conference All-Academic Team honors.
Lacrosse - Girls
- For the seconf year in a row, Charlotte Rapp '19 (University of Chicago) was named Second Team All-College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin (CCIW) and earned Academic All-Conference Honors.
- Maddie Burns '20 (University of Michigan) earned First Team All-Big Ten and Academic All-Big Ten honors for the Wolverines. Burns also eared IWLCA West/Midwest All-Region Second Team honors and USA Lacrosse Magazine honorable mention All-America recognition.
- Elise Smigiel '21 (Marquette University) earned the team's 'Most Improved' award after she finished the year with 23 goals and 26 points, each of which came in the final 14 games of the year.
- Edik Pribitkin '18 (Loyola University Maryland) named to the Academic All-Patriot League Team
Track & Field
- Katie Sands '20 (Hamilton College) named New England Small College Athletic Conference Sprig All-Academic Team.
- Sarah Fineman '21 (Emory University) was named to the South/Southeast Outdoor All-Region Team
- Kyle Garland '18 (University of Georgia) finished third in the decathlon at the NCAA Outdoor Championships with 8,333 points.
- Abbe Goldstein '17 (University of New Mexico) finished 21st in the 1500m at NCAA Outdoor Championships, earning Honorable Mention All-American honors.