- 2002 Induction Class
Robert Theiss '59
- Robert participated in three sports while at Germantown Academy, Football for three years, Swimming for four years and Track for four years.
- Robert was Captain of the Football Team in 1959, Captain of the Swim Team in 1958, and Captain of the Track Team in 1958 and 1959.
- On October 20, 1957, Robert received Honorable Mention for the Inter-Ac Philadelphia Area Player of the Week. In 1958, Robert was named to the Inter-Ac All Star Second Team and to the Northwestern Scholastic All Star Second Team. Robert was on the 1959 Inter-Ac All Star First Team and the 1959 Daily News All City First Team. He was also on the 1959 Scholastic Philadelphia Second Team.
- For three years, Robert was the Inter-Ac Pole Vault Champion and in 1959 he was the Inter-Ac 180 Low Hurdles Champion. He also placed second in the low hurdles at the Meet of Champions for the Philadelphia area.
- Robert attended Bucknell University and was on the Football Team, Swim Team for 3 years and the Track Team. Robert played football in his Freshman year. He was starting halfback and the leading scorer. The team had an undefeated season. He was injured the following year. Robert was a diver for the Swim Team and was the One Meter Atl. Diving Champion in 1964.
- Robert received the Owen J. Roberts Award and the American Legion Certificate of School Award.