Hall of Fame
Welcome to the GA Athletic Hall of Fame! Created in 1995, the Germantown Academy Athletic Hall of Fame has seen more than 100 alumni student-athletes, coaches and special friends inducted into its historical annals. (See Athletic Hall of Fame Directory)
Director of Athletics Josh MacArthur has announced the newest inductees for the Athletic Hall of Fame. These honorees will be inducted on Thursday, November 8, 2018. Join the celebration on campus! All Germantown Academy community members are invited to attend the dinner at 6pm in the GA Dining Room followed by the Induction Ceremony in the Honickman Auditorium. Tickets for dinner are $50 per person.
Congratulations to the following Class of 2018 Germantown Academy Athletic Hall of Fame inductees:
- Cameron Ayers ’10 - Basketball
- Teresa Crippen ’08 - Swimming
- Caitlin DeFusco ’07- Cross Country, Swimming, Track & Field
- Caroline Doty ’08 - Basketball, Soccer, Track & Field
- Steven Holmes ’01 - Lacrosse, Football
- Maggie Lucas ’10 - Basketball
- Caitlin McGovern ’06 - Field Hockey, Basketball, Lacrosse
- Art Sweeney ’69 – Soccer
- Patrick David 1760 – Coaching
- 2000-01 Girls Basketball Team
- 2004 Boys Water Polo Team
Germantown Academy considers nominations every other year. The next review of submitted nominations will take place in late May, 2020, after which the Class of 2020 Inductees will be announced for formal induction on GA-PC Weekend 2020.
In the first thirteen years of selection, no more than 10 persons were inducted annually. Beginning in 2008, no more than 10 individual members, and no more than two teams, will be inducted every two years.