Hall of Fame
Welcome to GA Athletic Hall of Fame! Created in 1995, the Germantown Academy Athletic Hall of Fame has seen more than 100 alumni student-athletes, coaches and special friends inducted into its historical annals. (See Athletic Hall of Fame Directory)
SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATIONS!
Germantown Academy considers nominations every other year. The next review of submitted nominations will take place in late May, 2018, after which the Class of 2018 Inductees will be announced for formal induction on GA-PC Weekend 2018.
Inductees are decided by the Hall of Fame Committee using the following criteria:
- It shall be open to persons who made an outstanding contribution to GA as a superior competitor in GA athletics, or a teacher or coach who compiled a distinguished record, or an administrator who made a long-term, exemplary contribution to the athletic program.
- Additional consideration will be given for continued contributions to society through community activities, through performance in chosen fields of endeavor and through avocations which bring credit and distinction to GA.
- Membership is not limited to living members of the GA community. Deceased members of the GA community whose past records reveal that they are eligible may be considered.
- In order that proper assessment may be made of the nominee, a time period of seven years must have elapsed since the completion of their GA experience. Exceptions to this seven year rule must receive a three-fourths vote by the Hall of Fame Committee.
- In the first thirteen years of selection, no more than 10 persons were inducted annually. Beginning in 2008, no more than 10 individual members, and no more than two teams, will be inducted every two years.