Germantown Academy clinics and clubs are open to the public and run by GA coaches.
- Boys & Girls Lacrosse Clinics - Saturdays, December 8, January 12, February 2
- Soccer Clinic with Montreal Impact Defender Dan Lovitz '10
Learn the game of Lacrosse from GA Varsity Head Coaches Mary Dean and Billy McKinney! Each winter clinic date will offer a session for Lower School and Middle School girls and boys.
Saturdays: December 8, January 12, February 2
- 9-10am: Lower School, 1st-5th Grades
- 10-11am: Middle School, 6th-8th Grades
Cost: $10 per clinic or $25 for all three.
Location: Field House
Girls: Sneakers, Stick, Mouthguard and Goggles
Boys: Sneakers, Stick, Mouthguard, Pads and Helmet
Everyone should bring their own water bottle labeled with their name.
All Germantown Academy soccer players ages 6-18 are invited to train with GA graduate Dan Lovitz '10, a defender for the Montreal Impact of Major League Soccer (MLS), on Saturday, December 1 from 1-2:30pm. This 90 minute session will include drills, game scenarios, prizes, and a chance to play with a pro! There will also be signed memorabilia. All monies raised will be donated back to the GA soccer program.
- Who: All GA soccer players ages 6-18
- When: Saturday December 1 at 1pm (rain date - Sunday, December 2)
- Where: GA Field 11 behind the Lower School
- Bring: Cleats, water, and appropriate soccer and winter gear
- Cost: $25 (Checks/cash should be brought with the students. Checks should be made payable to GA)
Please email Varsity Boys Soccer Head Coach Kurt Wetzel '88 (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you will attend so we can contact you if we need to postpone!
In addition to varsity and junior varsity sports, Germantown Academy also provides its student-athletes with a chance to participate in club sports.
- A Club Sport is an activity supported by Germantown Academy. A club may or may not have financial support from the activities budget of the Upper School. Clubs have no ties with the athletic department.
- A Trial Sport is a sport that is supported by the athletic department, but does not have varsity status.
- A Varsity Sport is a sport that is supported by the athletic department, including varsity letters and certificates.
- Squash Club
- Sailing Club
- Middle School Water Polo Club
- Middle School Ice Hockey Club
- Middle School Running Club
This club is an introduction to water polo as student-athletes practice three days a week and watching a varsity home game on the fourth. Equipment: Swimsuit, sneakers, workout clothes for dryland exercises. Water Polo Club Page »
The Germantown Academy Middle School Ice Hockey Club program which aims to prepare student athletes in grades 5–8 for varsity level hockey. As a coaching staff, we strive to instill confidence in our players, and inspire a shared vision where respect and love for the game of ice hockey is paramount. Ice Hockey Club Page »
The running club is not a competitive team, but offers the chance for middle schoolers who are not playing a winter sport to get in/stay in shape and learn about healthy training techniques. Running Club Page »
GAAC is a year-round swimming and diving program, with training and competitions offered 12 months a year. Training opportunities are available six days a week for swimming and five days a week for diving. Our more than 120 GAAC members range from beginners to Olympic hopefuls. There is a place for everyone, so long as they have a love for the water and a passion for the pursuit of excellence. Although attending competitions is not required of our members, it is strongly encouraged, because we know that student-athletes who don’t compete will eventually leave the sport. LEARN MORE»