- A Club Sport is an activity supported by Germantown Academy. A club may or may not have financial support from the activities budget of the Upper School. Clubs have no ties with the athletic department.
- A Trial Sport is a sport that is supported by the athletic department, but does not have varsity status.
- A Varsity Sport is a sport that is supported by the athletic department, including varsity letters and certificates.
- Squash Club
- Sailing Club
- Middle School Water Polo Club
- Middle School Ice Hockey Club
- Middle School Running Club
This club is an introduction to water polo as student-athletes practice three days a week and watching a varsity home game on the fourth. Equipment: Swimsuit, sneakers, workout clothes for dryland exercises. Water Polo Club Page »
The Germantown Academy Middle School Ice Hockey Club program which aims to prepare student athletes in grades 5–8 for varsity level hockey. As a coaching staff, we strive to instill confidence in our players, and inspire a shared vision where respect and love for the game of ice hockey is paramount. Ice Hockey Club Page »
The running club is not a competitive team, but offers the chance for middle schoolers who are not playing a winter sport to get in/stay in shape and learn about healthy training techniques. Running Club Page »
GAAC is a year-round swimming and diving program, with training and competitions offered 12 months a year. Training opportunities are available six days a week for swimming and five days a week for diving. Our more than 120 GAAC members range from beginners to Olympic hopefuls. There is a place for everyone, so long as they have a love for the water and a passion for the pursuit of excellence. Although attending competitions is not required of our members, it is strongly encouraged, because we know that student-athletes who don’t compete will eventually leave the sport. LEARN MORE»