Admission Process & Timeline
As members of our community, all students complete the same admission process. This process however is developmentally aligned between the age of the applicant and the division to which they are applying. The four divisions for admission are:
Early Childhood (PreK-2nd Grade)
Upper Elementary (3rd-5th Grades)
Middle School (6th-8th Grades)
Upper School (9th-12th Grades)
GA does not accept applications to 12th Grade.
To learn more about how to apply, please select the appropriate division.
Financial Aid is available to families who demonstrate financial need.
Learn More About GA...
Germantown Academy Admission operates all year long, and we accept applications for PreK-11th grade throughout the year. We fill available spaces beginning with our First Round decisions in December and then through our Rolling Admission process from January until all spaces are filled.
Traditional entry grades include PreK, Kindergarten, 5th Grade, 6th Grade, 7th Grade, and 9th Grade.
Non-Traditional entry grades have limited space availability which is typically based on attrition.
If you would like to be considered in the First Round of admission decisions for December notification, your admission file must be complete by December 1. We suggest the following timeline:
- Application – We do not have an application deadline, however we recommend submitting an application as soon as possible so that we may ensure scheduling all of your GA appointments by December 1.
- Teacher Recommendation(s) – please submit starting October 15.
- School Records – please have your child’s school forward an Official School Report starting October 15. (We ask you to forward fall grades as soon as they are available.)
- Admission Decisions - Notifications for First Round decisions will be sent by December 18.
- Enrollment Date - Contracts will be available in January, with a due date of February 15. Any family in need of an extension of this date is welcome to contact the Admission, Enrollment and Financial Aid Office.
All applications whose admission files are complete after December 1 will be considered in our Rolling Admission process and notification will begin in January. Please note – we typically fill many of our 9th grade spaces in our First Round so we encourage you to follow our suggested timeline. Admission for all other grades occurs throughout the year.