Germantown Academy’s commitment to building a strong, vibrant, engaged community has been the cornerstone of our school for more than 260 years.
In order to welcome students of diverse socioeconomic backgrounds, we offer financial aid in the form of a tuition grant to families of admitted students who are not be able to afford the full cost of tuition.
We invite you to learn more about financial aid at Germantown Academy and welcome your calls if you have any questions. Please call 267-405-7070 so that we may help you!
The financial aid process and the admission process are by necessity very separate.
Requesting financial aid and developing a preliminary financial plan do not affect a student’s chance of being admitted.
- Germantown Academy believes strongly that advance planning is a very healthy approach to the admission and enrollment process, and it allows families to enter the admission process with a clear picture of their options.
- While GA is committed to supporting families with demonstrated financial need, we are not necessarily able to meet full need of all qualified candidates.
- For this reason, it is in every applicant’s best interest to adhere to all admission and financial aid deadlines.
Families may complete the financial aid process while also completing the admission process without waiting for an admission decision, however we are unable to offer an official financial aid award until an offer of admission is made. Parents/Guardians are responsible for the cost of an independent school education and for completing the admission and financial aid processes for their child(ren).
Who Is Financial Aid Available To?
Financial aid is available to students in all grades, however tuition grants are typically limited to no more than ½ tuition in the PreK-5th grades. Families who are experiencing financial hardship in a particular year are welcome to discuss their specific circumstances with the Chief Operating Officer.
Financial Aid Details
Financial Aid FAQs
- Who can apply for financial aid?
- Does GA Offer Scholarships?
- Is Financial Aid a loan I have to pay back?
- Who makes decisions about financial aid? Will this information remain confidential?
- Will I know my financial aid award before I must sign my enrollment contract?
- Do I have to apply for financial aid each year?
- Is there an appeal process for financial aid?