Established in 2007, the GA House System offers several compelling benefits for students entering the Upper School. Placement in one of our seven Houses...
- Introduces students to a more intimate and manageable community, which supports greater connection and individual relationship-building
- Provides leadership opportunities for students within each House
- Creates a setting for additional mentoring and collaboration
- Enables inter-house activities and friendly competitions
- Allows faculty advisors to focus on one House, ensuring that all student members receive appropriate amounts of attention and guidance.
Each House is named after a notable headmaster, teacher, alum, or community member in GA's history: Alcott Day, Galloway, Kershaw, Osbourn, Roberts, Truesdell, and Washington.Learn more about these GA leaders