Upper Elementary (3-5)
Welcome to the Upper Elementary program at Germantown Academy, a vibrant community of engaged learners. As young learners grow, they're eager to apply their foundational skills to new challenges. Our Upper Elementary students are poised to move beyond the basic and to embrace the superskills needed today: communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity.
At the same time, students are supported by faculty and subject area specialists who are responsive to individual needs. In every facet of their GA experience, students are nurtured and encouraged to feed their curiosity and to be collaborative, persistent learners. They will soon find that anything is possible starting here.
Our Upper Elementary program includes:
- an emphasis on 21st century skills and a growth mindset
- curriculum designed to engage students in healthy academic challenges
- responsive instruction that allows for flexible support and enrichment across all disciplines
- application of new understandings in creative and meaningful ways
- experiential learning that encourages perseverance, inquiry, and collaboration
- opportunities to practice leadership skills woven throughout the curriculum