We inspire students to be: Independent in Thought • Confident in Expression •
Compassionate in Spirit • Collaborative in Action • Honorable in Deed
Germantown Academy is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school located on a beautiful 126-acre campus in the Fort Washington suburbs near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The school serves more than 1,200 students in grades PK-12. Founded in 1759, GA is America’s oldest non-sectarian day school with rich traditions and a strong commitment to ongoing innovation of curricular and pedagogical practices.
Germantown Academy is committed to the work of equity and inclusion and believes that equal opportunity in all aspects of employment supports the mission of the school and the successful attainment of our strategic objectives. Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and a respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
Germantown Academy seeks a part-time, experienced, dynamic Varsity Ice Hockey Head Coach to start in November 2023. Qualified applicants will meet the following criteria:
We are seeking candidates who…
- Direct the instruction in the sport of Ice Hockey for the Upper School Varsity team.
- Organize and run all Varsity Ice Hockey team practices.
- Manage games for all Varsity Ice Hockey games.
- Assist in attracting quality student-athletes to Germantown Academy.
- Assist in attracting and supervising quality coaches for the Ice Hockey program.
- Serve as a resource for the college selection process for all Upper School Ice Hockey players and their families.
- Attend all league meetings of the Varsity Ice Hockey coaches.
- Serve as a conduit of information regarding the Ice Hockey program for all appropriate media sites, including working with the sports information assistant to report game results and promote the team.
- Meet with the Director of Athletics on a frequent basis to review the status of the program.
- Communicate with the Associate Director of Athletics regarding scheduling and equipment needs.
- Comply with all of the professional guidelines as listed in the GA Coaches Handbook.
- Attend professional development opportunities in the sport of ice hockey and coaching.