Germantown Academy seeks an experienced, dynamic Varsity Girls Lacrosse Head Coach to start in August 2022. The Academy, founded in 1759, is a non-sectarian, coeducational, college preparatory school of more than 1,200 students in Grades PK-12, located in the northwest suburbs of Philadelphia on a campus of 126 acres.
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds. At Germantown Academy, we are committed to creating a learning environment that is as diverse as the broader, global world of which we are a part. We value this diversity because it makes us a stronger community, enriches our thinking, and helps us to develop our collaborative spirit.
The new head coach will work within GA's Vertically Aligned Program for specific sports. Similar to an academic department head, the Upper School Head Varsity Coach of each Vertically Aligned Program will be responsible for the oversight of the entire 6-12 program, including playing a major role in the hiring of coaches, taking the lead in student recruitment, creating additional opportunities to enhance the competitiveness of the program, and working with coaches to plan student skill development. We believe that this programmatic and personnel program enables GA to meet the three core tenets of our Statement on Athletics:
- To offer an inclusive, sequential, and rigorous athletic program.
- To be committed to competing successfully throughout our athletic program.
- To strive to develop and attract talented student-athletes and teacher-coaches.
Qualified applicants will meet the following criteria:
- Direct the instruction in the sport of Girls Lacrosse for all of the Upper and Middle School teams.
- Organize and run all Girls Lacrosse Varsity team practices.
- Game management for all Upper School Varsity Girls Lacrosse team games.
- Assist in attracting quality student-athletes to Germantown Academy.
- Assist in attracting and supervising quality assistant coaches for the Girls Lacrosse program.
- Serve as a resource for the college selection process for all Upper School Girls Lacrosse players and their families.
- Conduct instructional clinics and summer camps for the younger players at GA and in the surrounding geographic areas.
- Attend all league meetings of the Varsity Girls Lacrosse coaches.
- Serve as a conduit of information regarding the Girls Lacrosse program for all appropriate media sites.
- Meet with the Director of Athletics on a frequent basis to review the status of the program.
- Communicate with the Associate Director of Athletics regarding scheduling and equipment needs.
- Comply with all of the professional guidelines as listed in the GA Coaches Handbook.
- Attend professional development opportunities in the sport of lacrosse and coaching.
- Work with the Athletic Department to report game results and promote the team.