We inspire students to be: Independent in Thought • Confident in Expression •
Compassionate in Spirit • Collaborative in Action • Honorable in Deed
Germantown Academy is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school located on a beautiful 126-acre campus in the Fort Washington suburbs near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The school serves more than 1,200 students in grades PK-12. Founded in 1759, GA is America’s oldest non-sectarian day school with rich traditions and a strong commitment to ongoing innovation of curricular and pedagogical practices.
Germantown Academy is committed to the work of equity and inclusion and believes that equal opportunity in all aspects of employment supports the mission of the school and the successful attainment of our strategic objectives. Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and a respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
Germantown Academy seeks an experienced, dynamic Varsity Girls Basketball Assistant Coach to start in November 2023. Qualified applicants will meet the following criteria:
- Assist with all aspects of the Varsity Girls’ Basketball program, including but not limited to player development, scouting, game day operations and management, practice planning.
- Take a leadership role with player development from Varsity, JV through Middle School players, with an emphasis on regular season and off-season instruction and planning.
- Assist in attracting quality student-athletes to Germantown Academy.
- Assist in attracting and supervising quality coaches for the Girls Basketball program, including JV Assistant Coach and the Middle School program coaches.
- Assist Varsity Head Coach in conducting instructional clinics and summer camps in order to recruit/develop internal GA players as well as the surrounding community. Assist with all aspects including, but not limited to: staff recruitment and evaluation, curriculum development, parent communication and marketing.
- Assist with providing information regarding the Girls Basketball program for all appropriate media sites, including working with the sports information assistant to report game results and promote the team.
- Communicate with the Head Varsity Coach / Associate Director of Athletics regarding scheduling and equipment needs.
- Comply with all of the professional guidelines as listed in the GA Coaches Handbook.
- Attend professional development opportunities in the sport of basketball and coaching.