Germantown Academy, a coeducational PreK-12 independent school with 1,100 students in Fort Washington, PA (suburban Philadelphia), seeks to build our Elementary Tutor Referral list immediately in the areas of 1st – 5th grade Reading, Wilson Tutoring, Writing and/or Math. Candidates will be screened through GA, and will be referred to families to support GA Lower School students. All tutoring will take place off site and payment and hours will be set up directly between the tutor and the family.
- For math, reading and writing tutoring: undergraduate or graduate degree in elementary education required
- For Wilson tutoring: WRS certification required
- 2 years+ Elementary teaching or tutoring experience required (references required)
- Personally warm, kind, flexible, patient, sense of humor, active listener, empathetic, confidential
- Demonstrates ability to understand, communicate with, and effectively interact with people across cultures and diverse backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Clearances must be provided by the candidate