We inspire students to be: Independent in Thought • Confident in Expression •
Compassionate in Spirit • Collaborative in Action • Honorable in Deed
Germantown Academy is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school located on a beautiful 126-acre campus in the Fort Washington suburbs near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The school serves more than 1,200 students in grades PK-12. Founded in 1759, GA is America’s oldest non-sectarian day school with rich traditions and a strong commitment to ongoing innovation of curricular and pedagogical practices.
Germantown Academy is committed to the work of equity and inclusion and believes that equal opportunity in all aspects of employment supports the mission of the school and the successful attainment of our strategic objectives. Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and a respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
We are seeking candidates for a full-time position of Lower School Long Term Substitute Associate Teacher in 1st/2nd Grade Multiage Class from October 16 – December 20, 2023.
The Associate Teacher (AT) is a full-time instructional position. The AT supports the classroom Lead Teacher in planning and executing the curriculum with students. The AT should be prepared to plan and execute small group instruction with students, as well as lead whole group lessons. The AT is responsible for supporting all aspects of the program and should be collaborative and flexible. In addition, the AT is required to contribute to after-school programming through coaching or leading in the after-school enrichment activities at least 1 day/week.
- 4-year college degree required; degree in elementary education preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration, organization, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong work ethic, attendance, and punctuality
- Strong skills in using technology to support communications -Google apps, Microsoft office, web-based applications.
- Strong aptitude for learning educational technology to support student instruction-iPad applications, Google Education workspaces, digital media, SMART.
- Strong interest in professional development