We inspire students to be: Independent in Thought • Confident in Expression •
Compassionate in Spirit • Collaborative in Action • Honorable in Deed
Germantown Academy is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school located on a beautiful 126-acre campus in the Fort Washington suburbs near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The school serves more than 1,200 students in grades PK-12. Founded in 1759, GA is America’s oldest non-sectarian day school with rich traditions and a strong commitment to ongoing innovation of curricular and pedagogical practices.
Germantown Academy is committed to the work of equity and inclusion and believes that equal opportunity in all aspects of employment supports the mission of the school and the successful attainment of our strategic objectives. Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and a respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
We are seeking candidates for a long-term substitute position to join our community beginning as soon as possible through June 9, 2023. The position is daily Monday – Thursday from 8:30am – 5:30pm at $18/hour.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Daily support in Lower School
- Support in two math classes
- Virtual Support - supports the literacy (reading, writing, word study) and math curricula for students at home working remotely on a short-term basis, with guidance from lead classroom teachers and administration
- Support projects around the Lower School
- Support supervision at recess for Lower School students
- Sub in Lower School classes, as needed
- SPARK After School Assistant
- Work daily in SPARK from 2:30-5:30 M-Th
- Work on all Full Day SPARK days 7:30-4:00 (Dates are provided and on days when school is not in session ie. Conference Days.)
- Cover duties for the Director of SPARK, as needed