Germantown Academy, located in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, is seeking qualified, experienced candidates for the position of Child Care Center Substitute Teacher, beginning as soon as possible. This is a 10-month position which offers a highly competitive salary. The Academy, founded in 1759, is a non-sectarian, coeducational, college preparatory school of more than 1,100 students in Grades PK-12, located in the northwest suburbs of Philadelphia on a campus of 126 acres. At Germantown Academy, we are committed to creating a learning environment that is as diverse as the broader, global world of which we are a part. We value this diversity because it makes us a stronger community, enriches our thinking, and helps us to develop our collaborative spirit.
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Director, a substitute teacher will assist in his or her room on an on-call, as needed basis.
- A substitute will assist and implement the daily activities of the group under the guidance and direction of the Group Supervisor, or an assistant group supervisor.
- He or she is responsible for the health, safety and care of the children enrolled in the child care center, which includes but is not limited to feeding meals and snacks, potty training, changing diapers and any other bathroom needs, washing hands and faces to ensure the cleanliness of the children.
- He or she will help coordinate the activities.
A Substitute must possess the minimum of:
- A high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Two years of experience with children
In addition, a substitute teacher must be warm and enjoy working with young children. He or she must be willing to assist the children in all aspects of their personal care and hygiene, proper nutrition and interactions with other children. Working cooperatively with other members of the Child Care team is necessary for the well-being and safety of the children.