We inspire students to be: Independent in Thought • Confident in Expression •
Compassionate in Spirit • Collaborative in Action • Honorable in Deed
Germantown Academy is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school located on a beautiful 126-acre campus in the Fort Washington suburbs near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The school serves more than 1,200 students in grades PK-12. Founded in 1759, GA is America’s oldest non-sectarian day school with rich traditions and a strong commitment to ongoing innovation of curricular and pedagogical practices.
Germantown Academy is committed to the work of equity and inclusion and believes that equal opportunity in all aspects of employment supports the mission of the school and the successful attainment of our strategic objectives. Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and a respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
We are seeking candidates to join our community as soon as possible. This is a per diem, as needed substitute position.
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Director, a Child Care Center substitute will assist in his or her room on an on-call, as needed basis.
- A substitute will assist and implement the daily activities of the group under the guidance and direction of the Group Supervisor, or an assistant group supervisor.
- He or she is responsible for the health, safety and care of the children enrolled in the child care center, which includes but is not limited to feeding meals and snacks, potty training, changing diapers and any other bathroom needs, washing hands and faces to ensure the cleanliness of the children.
- He or she will help coordinate the activities.
A Substitute must possess the minimum of:
- A high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Two years of experience with children
In addition, a Child Care Center substitute must be warm and enjoy working with young children. He or she must be willing to assist the children in all aspects of their personal care and hygiene, proper nutrition and interactions with other children. Working cooperatively with other members of the Child Care team is necessary for the well-being and safety of the children.