We inspire students to be: Independent in Thought • Confident in Expression •
Compassionate in Spirit • Collaborative in Action • Honorable in Deed
Germantown Academy is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school located on a beautiful 126-acre campus in the Fort Washington suburbs near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The school serves more than 1,200 students in grades PK-12. Founded in 1759, GA is America’s oldest non-sectarian day school with rich traditions and a strong commitment to ongoing innovation of curricular and pedagogical practices.
Germantown Academy is committed to the work of equity and inclusion and believes that equal opportunity in all aspects of employment supports the mission of the school and the successful attainment of our strategic objectives. Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and a respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Director, the Assistant Group Supervisor will assist in his or her classroom as directed by the Group Supervisor. We are seeking qualified, experienced candidates for the position of Assistant Group Supervisor, beginning as soon as possible. This is a 12-month position which offers an excellent array of benefits and a highly competitive salary.
- The Assistant Group Supervisor will assist and implement the daily activities of the group under the guidance and direction of the Group Supervisor.
- He or she is responsible for the health, safety and care of the children enrolled in the child care center, which includes but is not limited to feeding meals and snacks, potty training, changing diapers and any other bathroom needs, washing hands and faces to ensure the cleanliness of the children.
- He or she will coordinate the activities and supervise the aides in absence of the group supervisor.
- Help in the Auxiliary Programs Office with camp prep and school store support when Child Care Center is closed (2 weeks in the summer months)
An Assistant Group Supervisor must possess one of the following qualifications:
- A high school diploma or a GED certificate and 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field; or
- A high school diploma or a GED certificate including 600 or more hours of secondary training related to age and training; or
- A high school diploma or GED certificate 15 hours from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and one year experience with children; or
- A high school diploma or a GED certificate and completion or a post-secondary training curriculum described in section 3270(c) of the DPW handbook; or
- A high school diploma or a GED certificate and two years of experience with children.
In addition, an Assistant Group Supervisor must be warm and enjoy working with young children. He or she must be willing to assist the children in all aspects of their personal care and hygiene, proper nutrition and interactions with other children. Working cooperatively with other members of the Child Care team is necessary for the well-being and safety of the children.