Germantown Academy, located in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, is seeking qualified, experienced candidates for the position of Assistant Group Supervisor, beginning in August 2022. This is a 10-month position which offers an excellent array of benefits and a highly competitive salary. The Academy, founded in 1759, is a non-sectarian, coeducational, college preparatory school of more than 1,200 students in Grades PK-12, located in the northwest suburbs of Philadelphia on a campus of 126 acres. At Germantown Academy, we are committed to creating a learning environment that is as diverse as the broader, global world of which we are a part. We value this diversity because it makes us a stronger community, enriches our thinking, and helps us to develop our collaborative spirit.
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Director, the Assistant Group Supervisor will assist in his or her room as directed by the Group Supervisor.
- The Assistant Group Supervisor will assist and implement the daily activities of the group under the guidance and direction of the Group Supervisor.
- He or she is responsible for the health, safety and care of the children enrolled in the child care center, which includes but is not limited to feeding meals and snacks, potty training, changing diapers and any other bathroom needs, washing hands and faces to ensure the cleanliness of the children.
- He or she will coordinate the activities and supervise the aides in absence of the group supervisor.
An Assistant Group Supervisor must possess one of the following qualifications:
- A high school diploma or a GED certificate and 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field; or
- A high school diploma or a GED certificate including 600 or more hours of secondary training related to age and training; or
- A high school diploma or GED certificate 15 hours from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and one year experience with children; or
- A high school diploma or a GED certificate and completion or a post-secondary training curriculum described in section 3270(c) of the DPW handbook; or
- A high school diploma or a GED certificate and two years of experience with children.
In addition, an Assistant Group Supervisor must be warm and enjoy working with young children. He or she must be willing to assist the children in all aspects of their personal care and hygiene, proper nutrition and interactions with other children. Working cooperatively with other members of the Child Care team is necessary for the well-being and safety of the children.