We inspire students to be: Independent in Thought • Confident in Expression •
Compassionate in Spirit • Collaborative in Action • Honorable in Deed
Germantown Academy is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school located on a beautiful 126-acre campus in the Fort Washington suburbs near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The school serves more than 1,200 students in grades PK-12. Founded in 1759, GA is America’s oldest non-sectarian day school with rich traditions and a strong commitment to ongoing innovation of curricular and pedagogical practices.
Germantown Academy is committed to the work of equity and inclusion and believes that equal opportunity in all aspects of employment supports the mission of the school and the successful attainment of our strategic objectives. Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and a respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Advancement Operations Coordinator will organize the overall day-to-day operations of the Office of Institutional Advancement (OIA) and will have primary administrative responsibility for the Director, while providing key support for the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Office of Alumni Relations.
We are seeking candidates for a full-time, 12-month position to join our community as soon as possible.
- Serve as the receptionist of Goodman House, a free-standing building on GA’s campus, and the office manager for the Office of Institutional Advancement (OIA). Duties to include purchasing and maintaining inventory of office supplies, scheduling of the conference room, meeting set-up, overseeing house maintenance requests, and providing general support of programs within the OIA as warranted.
- Provide assistance to both internal and external members of the community while demonstrating a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Provide direct executive support to the Director of Institutional Advancement through scheduling and calendaring, writing, editing, transcribing, minute taking, and other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Assist in the management of departmental budgets by receipt collection, expense tracking, and reconciliation.
- Keep physical and electronic office files up to date and in good order.
- Support the Office of Alumni Relations in the work of maintaining high levels of alumni engagement. Activities to include direct and electronic mailings, event invitations and rsvp tracking, and the implementation of personalized outreach strategies, such as birthday cards, baby gifts, and the distribution of stewardship materials.
- Give administrative support to the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Director of Alumni Relations as needed.
- On occasion, some evening and weekend work may be required.
- At least two years of office administration experience, preferably having reported to multiple people.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (willing to provide advanced training as required).
- Experience with database software (Blackbaud experience a plus), as well as internet-based communications.
- Excellent organizational and people skills and written and verbal communication required.
- The ability to learn quickly, multi-task, and prioritize work amidst a busy schedule.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to take direction, work independently, and as a member of a team.