OUR DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
At Germantown Academy, we are committed to creating a learning environment that is as diverse as the broader, global world of which we are a part. We value this diversity because it makes us a stronger community, enriches our thinking and helps us to develop our collaborative spirit. With these guiding beliefs to shape our admissions and hiring processes, we embrace all forms of human identity
including race, gender, ethnicity, age, religion, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, and physical ability.
Our commitment to diversity is deeply ingrained in our Mission Statement and Civility Pledge - collaboration, compassion, honor, respect, civility – each key word a foundational and enduring value that defines Germantown Academy.
- Students of color comprise 28% of the student body.
- Faculty and administration of color comprise 10% of educational professionals.
- More than 28% of GA’s student body receives need-based financial aid.
- High retention rates are a hallmark of Germantown Academy with 97% of students returning each year. Notably, students of color return at the same rate of 97%.
- Non-sectarian, Germantown Academy has representatives from varied religions in its student body and faculty, including but not limited to Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Jewish and Muslim.
- A “Host” program in admission pairs each new family with a current family of similar background or situation to educate students and parents about GA and facilitate a smooth transition.
- All three divisions have two faculty members each who serve as Diversity and Community Life Coordinators.
- A Diversity Task Force provides intentional, consistent education to members of our school community.
Our goal is to be a school where differences are celebrated, all individuals are comfortable expressing their authentic selves, and all voices are empowered. Only then can we truly live our mission and prepare students for life and success in a global society.