Campus Reopening Update
As we start the 2020-21 school year, everyone at Germantown Academy continues to work hard to ensure that all necessary steps are in place for as smooth a return to school as possible. Planning for the 2020-21 school year has been a complex process.
GA has developed overarching principles to guide our work:
- We will fulfill our Mission and live by our Civility Pledge.
- We will provide an exceptional academic experience for our students.
- We will take every precaution to ensure the health and wellness of our entire community.
- We will create social opportunities for our students in every setting.
- We will persevere.
- We will take care of ourselves, each other, and our community. We will remember that individual decisions impact thousands. The adults in our community must model safe behavior for our children.
We have developed an array of solutions in order to be prepared under any circumstances to achieve these goals. The health and safety of our community members are our top priorities. We are following not just the guidelines of the state and county, but we have invested significant time researching best practices published by the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, the Centers for Disease Control, and numerous other professional organizations working in specific areas of school life (such as athletics and arts).
As of August 20, Germantown Academy is prepared to welcome all faculty and staff, Lower School students and Middle School students in person, full-time, unless families have opted for the GA@Home program. For the first five weeks of school, Upper School students will alternate days on campus by grade (9th and 10th grades on ‘blue’ days and 11th and 12th grades on ‘red’ days).
We look forward to greeting our new faculty, staff, and students, and seeing our returning community members in a few weeks.
Protect yourself, protect each other, protect our community.