Germantown Academy will offer learning experiences that are personalized, innovative, relevant, and meaningful. GA will also ensure that current and new academic programs align with our mission and 21st century skills. Because learning happens in and out of the classroom, we will focus on building student leadership, collaboration, and opportunities for creative learning, service, and social impact in our co- and extra-curricular programs.
- We will continue to develop the essential skills for every student that will guide learning, teaching, curriculum, and assessment for the future.
- We will build on previous programs to promote student engagement, collaboration, critical thinking, problem solving, and innovation inside and outside of the classroom.
- We will make student engagement the first priority in all extra- and co-curricular activities—athletics, arts, and clubs—developing competitive and recreational programs in alignment with students’ abilities and interests.
Faculty & Staff
- We will embed professional development in the culture of the school by creating the conditions and setting clear expectations for collaboration, learning, research, and development for all faculty and staff.
- We will foster a culture of professionalism by continually developing standards for the best teaching, mentoring, and instructional practices in partnership with our faculty.
Parents & Alumni
- We will engage parents and alumni in the learning and growth at school and communicate in meaningful ways to keep them connected to the community.
- We will partner with parents around the developmental needs of their children—how they learn best and what they need to be healthy and successful.
Germantown Academy will continually adapt the Campus Master Plan and align priorities and phases with the objectives and goals of our student engagement-centered vision for the future.
campus plan leadership
- The Board of Trustees will work with school leadership to adapt the Campus Plan and recommend prioritization of timing and resources to support engagement.
- We will analyze existing needs in campus planning and follow the Strategic Vision for the school when making key decisions around academic and extra- and co-curricular space.
- We will examine the Campus Planning process in conjunction with the financial and environmental sustainability goals for the school.
- We will coordinate the necessary resources with the Campus Master Plan, determining where to invest strategically and why.
Germantown Academy will build and develop a flexible and innovative model for the future in order to best support the needs of our students.
Innovation and Collaboration
- We will create new opportunities, partnerships, and capabilities that strengthen learning experiences and expand our impact in the region without burdening the cost structure.
Non-tuition sources of revenue
- We will pursue additional sources of revenue to become less tuition dependent, to support the great programmatic work already happening at the school, and to open our vast resources to the larger community.
GA Community Engagement
- We will strengthen our culture of philanthropy and stewardship by engaging our community in the promise of GA’s present and its future as a leading learning institution.