PARTICIPATING IN THE REWARDS PROGRAMS
IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPORT GA!
- What are GA Rewards Programs? The Rewards Programs result from alliances formed between the Germantown Academy Parents’ Committee and various local, regional and national businesses. Through these alliances, monetary rewards are earned for Germantown Academy. Over $12,000 was raised through the Rewards Programs in 2012-13.
- How do these Programs work? Monetary rewards are earned for GA based on purchases made by parents, alumni, faculty, staff and friends of GA at select businesses or through select websites.
- What type of items do I have to purchase? Any purchase made at GIANT grocery store or TARGET is eligible. Any GA uniform or GA gear purchase at Flynn and O’Hara, Lands End, or Olly Shoes results in donations to Germantown Academy from these retailers.
- What about rewards for Internet shopping? By shopping using www.shopga.net (a division of Shop.com), rewards for GA can be earned with every purchase. Also using the search engine www.goodsearch.com and shopping site www.goodsearch.com/goodshop.aspx can earn more rewards for GA.
- Are there any other programs offered? Yes, the Rewards Committee also organizes shopping days/opportunities with local businesses such as Learning Express and Rhoads Garden where purchases result in donations to GA. These programs are advertised throughout the school year with flyers and e-blasts.
Read on to learn more about participating!
UNIFORM OPTIONSLANDS' END
Every purchase of GA uniforms and GA Gear from Lands' End will result in a donation of up to 3% of the purchase amount to Germantown Academy. Please remember to provide the preferred school code-900099763
before completing your phone order or Internet order at www.landsend.com/germantownacademy
. Create a student profile for fast, easy shopping and to stay informed about sales, free monogramming and special promotions.
FLYNN & O’HARA (formerly Rose Uniforms)
Flynn and O'Hara provides quality uniform merchandise to the GA community. Every purchase from their location at 901 Bethlehem Pike in Spring House or from their website (www.flynnohara.com
) will result in a donation of 10% of the purchase amount to Germantown Academy. Just specify that you are shopping for GA uniforms or GA gear when placing your order.OLLY SHOES
(primarily for Lower School students)
Buy your children's school shoes at Olly shoe stores (2 nearest locations in Plymouth Meeting and North Wales) and Germantown Academy will receive 10% of all school shoe purchases. Offer applies to school shoes, socks and tights consistent with GA Lower School uniform guidelines. Just mention Germantown Academy when making your purchase. For more information and location addresses go to www.ollyshoes.com
. SHOPPING OPTIONSGIANT-A+ for schools
Do you live near or shop at a GIANT Grocery Store? If so, you now have the opportunity to earn monetary rewards for Germantown Academy. Obtain a GIANT BONUSCARD and register it online on or after September 1, 2013 at www.giantfoodstores.com/aplus
using GA school number 05913. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
with your name and card # and your card will be registered for you. Shop as usual and be sure to use your card at check out to accrue points for GA. Please note that even if you registered your card last year, you must re-register again this year for GA to get credit.
Registration starts on Sept. 1.TARGET-Take Charge of Education
Shop at Target anytime with your REDcard and Target will donate 1% of your purchases to Germantown Academy as part of their Take Charge of Education Program. Visit www.target.com/tcoe
or call 1-800-316-6142 to register your card (School Code-15393)
Don’t have a REDcard? It’s easy to apply. Go to any Target Store or apply online at www.target.com/redcard
. The added bonus is that when using a Target REDcard at Target, you always receive 5% off of all purchases. You save and GA gains!
SPECIAL SHOPPING EVENTS
Throughout the school year, special shopping events will be held at local retailers. Holiday shopping events are planned for Learning Express and The Rhoads Garden. A percentage of the proceeds from these events will be donated to Germantown Academy. These events will be promoted through flyers and emails.
INTERNET SEARCH AND SHOPPING OPTIONS GOODSEARCH
as your search engine when you search on the web. To get started, go to www.goodsearch.com and select Germantown Academy from the list of charities to benefit your search. Then every time that you start a search from www.goodsearch.com a donation will be made to GA. GOODSHOP
When shopping on the web use www.goodsearch.com/goodshop.aspx
as your search engine. Just go to the site and select Germantown Academy from the list of charities to benefit your shopping. Then you can access the sites of hundreds of retailers who will donate a portion of your purchase to Germantown Academy.
For more information or questions about these programs contact Cara Jones