Adding to your Outlook, iPhone or Droid
If you would like to add an iCal feed to your Outlook, iPhone or a
Droid (most mobile devices will work) then click the “subscribe” button next to
the feed you would like to subscribe to and follow the directions given by your mobile
device or computer.
NOTE: For those using an Apple computer, you need to add
iCal feed in a different way than a PC computer adds an iCal feed. See below.
Importing an iCalendar feed into Outlook
Note: This will only be an .ics file, which means its a copy of a calendar as it exists online today. It will not update. HOWEVER, you can add a calendar to your Outlook Webmail (see below) and that will allow an active feed/calendar to be added to your regular desktop Outlook account.
Adding an iCalendar feed (.ics file) to your Outlook on your desktop
1.In iCal, on the File menu, point to Export, and then click Export.
2.In the Save As box, type a name for the exported file.
3.On the Where pop-up menu, select a location on your hard disk to save the file, and then click Export.
4.In Outlook for Mac, at the bottom of the navigation pane, click Calendar.
5.In the Finder, locate the iCal file (a .ics file), and drag it to the Outlook Calendar grid or list.
Adding an iCalendar feed (an active feed) to your Webmail Outlook which will update and sync with your calendars in your desktop Outlook
1. Login into your webmail
2. Click on calendars
3. Right click on "My Calendars" and selected "Add Calendar"
4. Choose the "Calendar from the Internet" option
5. Past the URL for Gmail Calendars (it starts with "webcal")
To add a
calendar to your Google Calendar using its address, follow these steps:
the down-arrow next to Other calendars.
Add by URL from the menu.
- Find the
address of the Google Calendar in iCalendar format, or if you have the
iCalendar address of a calendar from a different application (for example,
Apple's iCal), you can use this as well.
the address in the field provide.
the Add Calendar button. The calendar will appear in the Other Calendars
section of the calendar list to the left.
Adding to your Yahoo E-mail Calendar:
- On the left hand side of your calendar page in Yahoo e-mail, click the "plus sign" to the right of the word subscribed.
- Click "Subscribe to Other Calendars."
- Copy the "download" link of the feed you would like to add (right click on your mouse and "copy link location").
- Add that link the box titled iCal Address on your calendar page in Yahoo e-mail.
- Name the calendar.
- Choose "automatically" in the refresh box.
- Click "continue."
to an iCalendar feed using Apple's iCal program:
- Open the iCal program (in
- From the Calendar menu select
- Type or paste one of the two feed
URLs above into Calendar URL field then click Subscribe
- Change the name and color
(optional) and update the Auto-refresh frequency to Every day (important!),
then click OK
- The events should now appear in your calendar