The Germantown Academy Child Care Center is a private, licensed facility that provides on site child care for faculty, staff, siblings, and alumni of Germantown Academy. Hours of operation are from 7:30am to 5:45pm. The center is closed on legal holidays and official school breaks. During the winter and spring breaks, the center is open on selected days for an additional fee if there is enough interest.
We are located in the corner of the main parking lot of the school, near the Morris Road entrance. The main building is home for the Explorers, Cruisers and Adventurers groups, and the Pickering House holds the Voyagers group.
See info at the lower right of this page for information about Age Groups.
The goal of the Germantown Academy Child Care Center is to provide a safe, nurturing environment in which adults develop meaningful relationships with children. Caring for and educating children is the main focus. We believe the primary role of any early childhood professional should be to respect, understand and promote each child’s unique potential and natural growth. Children learn and grow at their own pace with the loving guidance of our staff.
We are regulated by the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare and abide by their standards of operation. This includes staffing requirements and facility requirements. Staff attend regular trainings on topics such as first aid, Infant CPR, emergency preparedness, program planning, and behavior management.
- Mats or age appropriate cribs for naps
- Daily circle time
- Weekly Gym class
- Music class
- Structured age appropriate projects and crafts
- Free time outside and inside, with ample space and equipment for play
- Periodic walks around campus
- Parent conferences (minimum of two times per school year, in December and in May.)
- Milk for meals
- Afternoon snack
Parent / guardian will provide:
- All transportation to and from child care
- Medical care as needed
- Proof of health insurance
- All required forms
- Meals (lunch is required, breakfast optional)
- Diapers, wipes, ointment
- Sleeping bag or linens for nap
- Change of weather-appropriate clothes in case of accident
- Morning snack for their child