Spring Sports Information
Middle School sports are open to all interested students, and there are no “cuts.” All of our programs welcome both experienced and novice student-athletes. The spring season is scheduled to start Monday, March 6. This early start date will be dependent on the condition of the fields and availability of indoor space. We will communicate to the students each day and with families through the GA website about any changes to the regular practice schedule. Students should be prepared to practice either indoors or outside for these first few weeks.
Next Monday (March 6) and Tuesday (March 7) will be trial days, where student-athletes can go to different practices to help them to decide which sport they want to pursue for the season. We ask that students commit to their spring sport by Wednesday, March 8.
Co-ed Track & Field
- Varsity Head Coaches Matt Hess (email@example.com) & Jay Wright (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Information: Come get in great shape while competing in events on the track and in the field. Athletes need a good pair of running shoes, long pants and any other weather appropriate clothing, and a reusable water bottle.
- Uniform: $23 for singlet and shorts
- Varsity Head Coaches: Matt Dence (email@example.com) & Steve Dolan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- JV Head Coach: Kurt Wetzel (email@example.com)
- Information: Middle School baseball practices and plays home games on the new turf field behind the field house. Players need a glove, bat, sweatshirt, sweatpants, cleats, hat, and a baseball for the first week, as well as a reusable water bottle.
- Uniform: $52 for jersey, hat, belt, and socks
- Varsity Head Coach: Jamie Murray (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- JV Head Coach: Paul Henry (email@example.com)
- Information: Students need their own sticks, cleats, athletic cups, mouth guards, and a reusable water bottle. GA will provide all other protective equipment – gloves, elbow pads, shoulder pads, and helmets.
- Uniform: $15 for shorts; Jerseys are provided by the school (must be returned at end of season)
Our Middle School program takes a flexible approach based upon participation numbers for each sport each year. We look at the composition of teams and approach athletes as individuals. Our coaches will place athletes on the Middle School team that will best foster their athletic growth and skill development, while keeping their socio-emotional growth and safety in mind.
Pick-Up Arrangements for all Middle School Sports
Middle School Sports Practices will be finished no later than 4:45pm, Monday through Thursday. There are no Friday practices or games. Pick-up will take place at the Pavilion. Times for completion of home and away games can vary.
Changes to the daily practice schedule or game schedule
Any changes to the practice or game schedule due to weather will be posted on
. The changes will be listed on the front page under “News and Events” and on the “Athletics” page.
Schedules for all Middle School Sports can be found on the
You may also subscribe to a calendar feed for your electronic calendar (note that though changes will appear on your calendar, you will not be alerted to them).
Follow this link to subscribe
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Pete Jennings '99, Assistant Director of Athletics – Middle School at