Germantown Academy Middle School Winter Sports Information
Swimming & Diving (co-ed)
- Head Coach: Mike Koziol - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Pool
- Information: Practice starts at 3:00. Athletes need a swimsuit, goggles, towel, bathing cap if necessary; shorts, t-shirt, and sneakers for dry land exercises. The team will be in the pool for an hour and doing dry land exercises for a ½ hour. They will change in the MS locker rooms.
- Boys Uniform: $39 for a jammer suit, $34 for a brief suit
- Girls Uniform: $57 for a flyback suit
- Head Coach: Dan Sullivan – email@example.com
- Location: Field House
- Information: Practices run from 3:15-4:30. Athletes will need knee pads.
- Uniform: $27 for jersey and shorts
- Varsity Head Coach: Jeff Preston - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Middle School Wrestling Room (above cafeteria)
- Information: Wrestlers will need wrestling shoes and wrestling headgear (inexpensive options at Dick’s Sporting Goods), and a mouthpiece (if you have braces).
- Uniform: Loaned to athletes by the school
Middle School Running Club (co-ed)
- Coaches: David Baroody – email@example.com
- Jay Wright – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Field House / Track
- Information: The running club is not a competitive team but offers the chance for middle schoolers who are not playing a winter sport to get in/stay in shape and learn about healthy training techniques. Practices run until 4:30 and are outdoors almost everyday, so dress warmly!
Squash Club (co-ed)
- Head Coach: Tim Dearnley - Tim.Dearnley@germantownacademy.org
- Location: Gwynedd Racquet Club
- 4th & Montgomery Ave., North Wales, PA. 19454, Phone 215-699-9830
- Information: Squash is a club sport and is open to upper and middle school students, male and female. Practices will be divided in to several different sessions depending on ability. There are 3:15 – 4:15 and 4:15 – 5:15 sessions Tuesday – Thursday at Gwynedd Racquet Club. GA will have vans to shuttle students assigned in these groups. Parents are welcome to pick up their children from the racquet club if they prefer. After the first week or two of practice, a complete schedule will be available. There is an additional fee of $200 to cover court rentals. If participation increases, extra monies will be returned.
Pick-Up Arrangements for all Middle School Sports:
With the possible exception of squash, all Middle School Sports Practices will be finished no later than 4:45pm, Monday through Thursday. There are no Friday practices or games,
with the exception of two Friday practices for varsity teams – these dates will be communicated as the season begins.
Pick-up will take place at the Pavilion. Times for completion of home and away games can vary.
Changes to the daily practice schedule or game schedule:
Any changes to the practice or game schedule due to weather will be posted on
. The changes will be listed on the front page under “News and Events” and on the “Athletics” page. Announcements will also be posted on the “Middle School Lobby” on the VLE.
Schedules for all Middle School Sports can be found on the GA Website. You may also subscribe to a calendar feed for your electronic calendar (note that though changes will appear on your calendar, you will not be alerted to them). Follow this link to subscribe.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Pete Jennings, Assistant Director of Athletics – Middle School via email or phone: (267) 405-7548.