Prior to Dec. 16's matchup with West Catholic High School, Germantown Academy boys basketball Head Coach Jim Fenerty 1760 said that the Burrs were "extremely athletic" and that his team would have to play with poise. Unfortunately, the game did not shake out that way as the Patriots turned the ball over 28 times in the 62-54 loss.
By persevering we shall see the fruits.
The Cheerleading Team is a club sport team at Germantown Academy. The Cheerleading squad is a group of athletes who come together to support the school, pump up the fans, and entertain the crowd. They do this through cheering, stunting and dance. The team is the core support system for GA Football in the fall.
- To reach out to more teams by cheering at more events, including: swimming, wrestling and girls' basketball.
- Appealing to a wider group by adding more entertaining elements such as dance, step and more stunting.
- Increase skill level by incorporating more complex stunting and dance routines.
- Monday, Wednesday - 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. - Small Gym
- Tuesday, Thursday - 4:30 to 6:00 p.m. - Small Gym
- Fall: Football Games (Home and Away)
Germantown Academy came into Dec. 15's matchup with The Pennington School looking to improve on it's 6-0 overall record. By night's end, the Patriots did just that by defeating the visiting team in the first game of the Make-A-Wish Tournament, 57-52.
The weather outside was frigid, but Germantown Academy's offense was on fire when they hosted Academy of Palumbo on Dec. 15. Fans and students filled the Big Gym and watched the Patriots down Palumbo, 72-61.
The 21st annual Make-A-Wish Basketball Showcase will take place on Friday, December 15 and Saturday, December 16 in the Big Gym on Germantown Academy’s campus.