By persevering we shall see the fruits.
The Cheerleading Team is a club sport team at Germantown Academy. The Cheerleading squad is a group of athletes who come together to support the school, pump up the fans, and entertain the crowd. They do this through cheering, stunting and dance. The team is the core support system for GA Football in the fall.
- To reach out to more teams by cheering at more events, including: swimming, wrestling and girls' basketball.
- Appealing to a wider group by adding more entertaining elements such as dance, step and more stunting.
- Increase skill level by incorporating more complex stunting and dance routines.
- Monday, Wednesday - 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. - Small Gym
- Tuesday, Thursday - 4:30 to 6:00 p.m. - Small Gym
- Fall: Football Games (Home and Away)
Three different Germantown Academy players scored in double figures when the team hosted Caravel Academy on Dec. 12. The Patriots never trailed in the game and eventually came away with a 64-50 victory.
Riley Yankowich '14 was recently named to the 2017 United Soccer Coaches NCAA Division III Women's All-East Region Second Team and was also selected to the 2017 College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) Academic All-District III Women's Soccer Team.
After defeating The Shipley School 53-45 on Dec. 8, Germantown Academy was set to face off against Abington High School in the Championship of the December Classic. The Patriots emerged from that game with a 60-54 win.
Germantown Academy faced off against Landsdale Catholic on Dec. 9 in the championship game of the Jim Church Classic. After four quarters, it was the Crusaders that came out on top, winning 58-41.