The GA Alumni Society was founded in January, 1886, and is the association representing alumni of the Academy. Anyone who has attended GA for one full academic year in Grade 5 or beyond and whose class has graduated from the school is considered a regular member of the Alumni Society.
The Alumni Society Board (ASB), made up of 15 members, is the governing body of the association operating with the following purposes:
promoting the interests of Germantown Academy by creating programs that bring alumni back to the GA campus,
- developing activities outside of GA that bring alumni together,
increasing alumni participation in annual giving, and
- communicating to current students the importance of being an alum.
The ASB leads or supports, and participates in, a variety of school activities, including:
- Alumni Annual Giving Participation
- Alumni Parent Bash
- GA/PC Day
- Class of 1760 Annual Reunion
- Regional Alumni Gatherings
- Jerome O’Neil Memorial Golf Classic
- Alumni Community Service events
- Selection of Class of 1760 members
- Alumni Family Festival
- GA Running Club
The Alumni Society Board meetings occur on campus eight times per year. The meeting schedule for the 2013-14 school year is in development currently.
If you’d like to volunteer some of your time to helping with alumni activities, please contact Heather Durkin at 267.405.7374.